Highland Park Church believes children are a gift from God, and we are very excited that you are investigating child dedication!
Dedicating your child is a public commitment you make before God, your church, and your family. The dedication service provides you, the parent(s), an opportunity to express publicly your desire to lead and spiritually nurture your child in cooperation with the Holy Spirit, so your child will develop a desire to love God and love others.
Please fill submit the following form and read the details of baby dedications below and someone from our HP Kids team will contact you within 24 hours.
DO I NEED TO BE A MEMBER OF HIGHLAND PARK CHURCH TO DEDICATE MY BABY?
You do not need to be a member of Highland Park Church to have your child dedicated in a group or public ceremony at Highland Park. We do encourage parents to make sure they are calling Highland Park their home church. Why? In dedicating your child to God, you are stating that you are willing to partner with God and the church to raise your child in cooperation with God’s intentions. To partner with any church, a parent would be wise to decide if he or she agrees with its beliefs and vision, so they can be all-in in their partnership with the church.
BABY DEDICATIONS AT HIGHLAND BARK CHURCH:
• We ask parents to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• We ask parents to be sure their beliefs line up with Highland Park Church’s Beliefs.
• We ask parents to be regular attenders of Highland Park Church’s weekend services.
• We ask parents to attend a baby dedication class.
• We ask parents who are living together and who are not married to take steps to acknowledge and surrender to God’s plan for their relationship before participating in a child dedication service.
We are open to having conversations with you on any of the above statements. If you are interested in dedicating your baby, contact Pastor Sarah Rodgers or call (863) 647-3518.