1 Corinthians 16:13-14
Be on guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.
How many of us have held back feelings, emotions, or actions, fearing being seen as less than? I am certainly guilty of this behavior. We keep our heads down, believing we are doing the "right" things for God, our family, and our neighbors. This leaves us feeling like an island, alone at the sea.
Paul gives us a better way:
- Be watchful, attentive, and aware of our surroundings. Opportunity and temptation are everywhere.
- Stand firm in faith, lean into God and not your own understanding. Be an example for others.
- Be courageous, responsible, and fearless.
- Be strong! Strength is more than physical power. Like David, God knows the strength of our hearts.
- Do all in LOVE. We need people of faith who are in love with Jesus. Show your love through actions and sharing your feelings.
Be fearless – consider ways you might become a godlier man. Take action!
Support one another – reach out to someone and share an experience. Invite other men to open up by being vulnerable.
Lean into God. He is walking with us and knows what we need.
Heavenly Father, I am grateful for your love and grace. Lord, please give me the strength and awareness to become an example to others. May they see Your unwavering love in me. Let me be courageous in my actions and my love of those around me. I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen.