top of page
The Cause & The Cost
1. MAKE THE DECISION TO RUN LIKE YOU’VE ALREADY WON! ‘CAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE!
a. 1 Corinthians 9:24 “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
2. OUR TRAINING STARTS WHEN OUR BELIEVING FOR WHAT COULD BE IS GREATER THAN WHAT’S EVER BEEN!
a. 1 Corinthians 9:25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever
3. FOR OUR LIVES TO “PREACH” WE MUST LIVE OUT LOUD IN BOTH WORDS & ACTIONS!
a. 1 Corinthians 9:26-27 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”
b. Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
1. What uphill battles are you currently facing that potentially can hinder your race?
2. In order for your life to “preach,” you must loudly live out in both words and actions. Do your actions match what you say?
3. What are some tools that can practically assist you in finishing your race well?
bottom of page